I wanted to make a natural looking pot, something I’d like to keep on my window sill at home. I was also keen on involving my youngest, so a walk to do some twig collecting and the opportunity to use the secateurs got him joining in.
– Twigs collected from a walk
– 2 x rubber bands
– Some wool
– A couple of strips of double sided sticky tape and some glue
How we did it:
- We went for a short walk and collected some twigs from the ground.
- Cut off the top rim of the pot using sharp scissors.
- Cut the twigs to be about 1cm longer than the height of the pot.
- Wrapped some double sided sticky tape around the top and bottom of the pot as well as an elastic elastic band to keep the twigs in place.
- Slotted the twigs around the pot, about 3 deep, adding a bit of glue when needed.
- Ensured that the twigs are flush to the bottom of the pot so it was flat.
- We then wrapped around some wool around the top and bottom of the twigs to keep them in place, we knotted the wool and added a dab of glue.
- Added a plant – taaa-daaah!
Have a go yourself and share it with us.